Bresink Software Updater Version History
Release 1.6 (Build 221021)
- Added full support for macOS 13 Ventura.
Release 1.5 (Build 220720)
- Code modernization and small changes in the user interface.
- Adds a workaround for a layout issue with some versions of macOS where table columns could sometimes be clipped.
Release 1.4 (Build 211020)
- Added full support for macOS 12 Monterey.
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra and macOS 10.13 High Sierra has been removed.
- This version fixes a problem where the software updater could show partially incorrect instructions when it detected that third-party applications tried to damage the installation of the privileged helper utility.
Release 1.3 (Build 201021)
- Added full support for macOS 11 Big Sur.
- Added feature to normalize the ownership of an updated application under specific circumstances.
- Added internal policy never to consider applications on file servers or inactive Time Machine volumes for automatic update.
- The application now accepts that the user provides a custom icon.
Release 1.2 (Build 191118)
- Added new feature to automatically transfer macOS tags and Spotlight comments for each updating application from the old to the new version.
- Added new feature to show the file system paths of application copies as help tags in the table of found software products.
Release 1.1 (Build 190816)
- Added support for future versions of macOS.
- Added support for self-updates of the updater.
- Enhanced display of release information if a newly available package is only a build update, not a version update.
- Fixed an issue where the Finder did not show the application name in expected spelling style, depending on the user’s language settings.
Release 1.0 (Build 181214)
First official version of Bresink Software Updater.