TinkerTool System 7
TinkerTool System 7 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant. This includes:
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- a replacement for Network Utility, an application that was lost when you upgraded to macOS 11 from a previous version of macOS,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged (note: launching the emergency tool is not permitted by Apple for Macs with Apple Silicon),
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
TinkerTool System 7 contains all these functions, and much more, but at a reasonable price, and with proven quality. Click on the items in the menu above to learn more about the program and its features.
TinkerTool System 7 is electronically distributed software. You can download the product and fully test it for a limited time before you decide to purchase an unrestricted usage license.