Frequently Asked Questions
How can I have System Monitor start automatically?
If System Monitor is currently running:
- Switch System Monitor to full user interface by selecting one of the menu items Preferences… in any of the menu-bar displays of System Monitor.
- Perform a right-click on the System Monitor icon in the Dock.
- In the context menu, select the menu item Options > Open at login.
If System Monitor is currently not running:
- Launch the application System Preferences.
- Open the pane Users & Groups.
- Go to the tab Login Items.
- Click the button + below the table, navigate to your Applications folder and choose the app System Monitor so that it appears in the table afterwards.
Detailed information about switching the user interface and using the configuration window can be found in the chapter Control Window and Menu Bar.