Release 2.1 (Build 221221)
- Added protection against operating system defects of macOS 13.1. The application also provides additional user guidance for situations where such defects cause issues.
- Added protection against cases where the application is configured for automatic software update checks, but is operated with a network firewall that doesn’t allow the necessary Internet connections. In specific cases, this could result in intermittent program termination instead of an error message.
Release 2.01 (Build 221214)
This is an emergency update which has become necessary because Apple released a build of macOS 13.1 with several critical defects. These defects can prevent Mac Power Monitor from launching successfully under specific circumstances.
We are downgrading the security component of Mac Power Monitor to technology of macOS 10.12 Sierra to avoid specific new features of macOS 13 which are not ready to be used at the moment. Over the last 6 months, Apple has not been capable of providing system services that comply with the specifications of Ventura.
Release 2.0 (Build 221020)
- Added full support for macOS Ventura. Mac Power Monitor 2 can only be used with macOS 13 or later.
- The auxiliary program for privileged operations now uses the latest Ventura technologies. It is no longer necessary to install it upon first start, it only needs an approval to run.
- Unfortunately, Apple removed the power metrics features for interrupt source statistics, as well as for hardware bandwidth measurement, DRAM power and total SoC power on Macs with Apple Silicon from the operating system. The corresponding parts of Mac Power Monitor had to be disabled.
Release 1.1 (Build 220726)
- Fixes a problem where the number of CPU clusters could not be determined on specific Mac models with the original M1 processor. This could cause the processor detail window not to open correctly.
- Fixes an inaccuracy with the sum readings for performance core and GPU core bandwidths on specific Mac models with Apple Silicon.
- Fixes a problem where the status of automatic update notification was not reflected correctly after the launch of the application.
Release 1.0 (Build 220719)
First public version.