TinkerTool System can assist you in identifying problems related to application-related cache files. The disadvantages of cache-cleaning can be avoided if possible. Perform the following steps:
- Find a way to reliably reproduce the problem the system is experiencing.
- Open the pane Caches.
- Select the tab item Application-Related Caches.
- Set check marks for all cache categories which could cause the problem.
- Press the button Deactivate selected caches.
- Let TinkerTool System restart the login session or computer.
- Log in as the same user as before.
- Try to reproduce the problem identified in step (1).
- If the problem has been resolved, press the button Discard previous caches. If the problem can still be reproduced, press the button Restore previous caches and follow instructions.
Further information: The Pane Caches.