Tasks and Solutions
How can I compare the contents of two folders?
Perform the following steps to check if two folders or disks are perfectly synchronized, storing exactly the same contents:
- Drag the first folder into the upper field of the Sync Checker control window.
- Drag the second folder into the lower field of the Sync Check control window.
- Use the buttons at the bottom to select if you either like to Compare each byte (takes more time, but gives exact results), or to compare with the option Assume that files with identical metadata are equal (faster, but might not be accurate under special circumstances).
- Press the button Check and wait until the compare operation has been completed.
- The results will be shown in a new document window. You can review, save, or print the results.
Further Information: Comparing two Folders or Disks