Release 2.5 (Build 170918)
- This versions adds full support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Added an assistance mode for product registration.
Release 2.4 (Build 170712)
- The physical size of folders is no longer compared. This avoids misleading results when checking folder hierarchies on different file systems that handle the storage implementation of folders differently.
- Several small optimizations in the user interface.
Release 2.3 (Build 161025)
- Added new feature to perform a quick test as faster, but less accurate alternative to a complete sync check.
- The terminology of the user interface and documentation was updated to adapt to macOS Sierra.
Release 2.2 (Build 160519)
- Added new feature to display differences in the “super user no deletion” attribute for file system objects which is used in the latest versions of OS X.
- Added preference setting to enable automatic notification for software updates of the application.
- Added new registration features for licensing with immediate gratification and volume licensing.
- For the German user interface of the permissions sheet, details in the wording have been modified to match the changed translations used by Apple in the latest versions of OS X.
- Web communication during software update checks is now fully compliant with Apple’s new App Transport Security guidelines.
- Corrected a problem where it could become difficult to press the Info buttons in the sync check report window when the window was made very narrow.
Release 2.11 (Build 150928)
- The reference manual was updated regarding new features of OS X El Capitan.
- Corrected a problem where detail error messages could contain English parts although the user had selected German as preferred language.
Release 2.1 (Build 150415)
- Added support for checks on specific third-party file servers which don’t implement Extended Attributes correctly.
- Added workaround for a defect in OS X which could cause permission settings for empty user groups to be displayed by a numeric ID instead of by the correct group name.
Release 2.0 (Build 150309)
- Sync Checker has been revised completely and is now optimized for the latest versions of OS X. Operating systems prior to OS X 10.10 and 32-bit processors are no longer supported.
- The application now makes full use of multi-core processors which can result in significant speed up.
- New file attributes of OS X Yosemite can now be processed and be shown in the check results.
- Added new option to ignore mismatches of POSIX permission settings.
- The ignore options for file synchronization checks are now saved in report files and are noted in textual reports.
- Many small changes and optimizations in the user interface.
Release 1.4 (Build 141218)
Due to changes in European legislation on value added tax, the application had to be re-released with modified pricing information. Support for 32-bit processors was removed. Current customers don’t need to update, customers using the application with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a 32-bit computer must not use this update.
Release 1.4 (Build 131105)
- Added full support for OS X Mavericks.
- Enhanced accessibility by adding menu items to select the folders to compare.
Release 1.3 (Build 130717)
- The application now shows a warning and offers to automatically resolve this problem, when it detects that a user is about to compare permission settings of volumes for which the option to ignore ownership settings is enabled.
- The program has been prepared for future operating systems.
- The reference manual has been revised completely and uses a new design.
Release 1.2 (Build 120703)
- Added full support for present and future versions of OS X. This includes the features Resume, Versions, saveless working, high-resolution displays, and automatic quit operations.
- Added support for one-click registration.
IMPORTANT: Due to changes imposed by Apple’s “Gatekeeper” feature, the security component of the application works slightly different. If you are using two or more of our following system utilities, you should update them all in parallel in order to avoid mutual conflicts: NFS Manager, Sync Checker, TinkerTool System Release 2. For detailed information, please see the chapter Release Notes in the reference manual.
Release 1.1 (Build 110711)
- Added compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard has been removed.
- All components of the application now support full 64 bit operation.
Release 1.0 (Build 101203)
First official version of Sync Checker.