Release 2.5 (Build 180912)
- This version adds full support for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Legacy technology has been removed from the App. The minimum required OS version is now 10.10.
Release 2.4 (Build 180717)
- Added privacy information.
- This update fixes a rare issue which could occur in advanced network configurations: When an offline monitored secondary network interface was put back online, its statistics values may not always have been automatically re-added to the network menu, depending on how fast the operating system rebuilt the network connection.
Release 2.3 (Build 180226)
- Fixes a problem where the application in the menu bar did not open the correct configuration pane of the control window application if that window was not open yet.
- Fixes a problem where the control window was not fully restored to its previous state during a relaunch if the user had disabled the Resume feature of the operating system.
Release 2.2 (Build 171229)
This version adds changes necessary to maintain full compatibility with the new iMac Pro.
Release 2.1 (Build 171011)
This version fixes a problem where error codes of failing temperature sensors could become visible on the user interface (as readings higher than 124°C/255°F). In case of sensor problems, the App now automatically switches over to a replacement sensor, as in previous versions.
Release 2.0 (Build 170915)
- This version adds full support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra. This includes alternative definitions of free storage space on volumes, and indicators for APFS. The scaling mode of fan speed graphs can be changed.
- Legacy technology has been removed from the App. The minimum required OS version is now 10.9.
Release 1.73 (Build 170724)
Fixes a problem where parts of the disk storage menu could fail when the App was configured to monitor a removable disk drive with no media inserted.
Release 1.72 (Build 170704)
Added support for future operating systems. In particular, this will resolve problems where the mapping between disks and their hosted volumes could not always be presented completely or only slowly for specific partitioning schemes.
Release 1.71 (Build 170317)
Corrected a problem with the feature to take over settings from the Trial version where the data transfer could run more than once under specific circumstances.
Release 1.7 (Build 161221)
- Full compatibility with macOS 10.12.1 and later, including support for computers with Touch Bar.
- Corrected a possible problem where spacing elements were shown at a wrong position in the configuration bar for menu items after history or bar graphs have been set to non-standard widths.
- Corrected a problem where the secondary color in history graphs could not be distinguished from the primary color in specific color schemes of specific operating system versions.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard is no longer supported.
Release 1.63 (Build 160818)
- Fixed a possible layout problem in the network menu if the feature to monitor the WAN IP addresses was active, but the chosen service provider did not respond intermittently.
- The App is now protected against a possible problem where the operating system could unexpectantly quit the menu bar display component if process monitoring was active, but high file system activity caused the system to exceed the maximum number of open communication handles.
Release 1.62 (Build 160726)
Fixed a possible layout problem in the network menu when monitoring an interface with only IPv6 but no IPv4 addresses.
Release 1.61 (Build 160720)
Fixed a memory leak in the network address monitor which could cause the App to consume more memory than necessary.
Release 1.6 (Build 160714)
- Added full support for the latest and upcoming operating systems.
- To comply with the latest guidelines, there is now full support for IPv6.
- Fixed an optical problem where horizontal labels and one-line numeric values where not perfectly aligned in the menu bar.
- Added a workaround for an issue where the operating system could unexpectantly shut down the menu bar display when it encountered internal resource problems if any of the features to display the 5 topmost processes was enabled.
Release 1.5 (Build 151030)
This version ensures full compatibility with the latest versions of OS X. The terminology to describe the usage of memory adapts to the one of the running operating system if desired.
Release 1.42 (Build 141001)
- This version ensures full compatibility with the color display schemes of OS X 10.10.
- Corrected a problem where network activity items could not be created for ports combined via dynamic link aggregation. The settings now offer all physical network ports, no matter if they have an active communication address.
Release 1.41 (Build 140804)
This version fixes a rare problem where the control window of the App could unexpectantly close when waking the system from sleep mode with Mac OS X 10.7 or OS X 10.8.
Release 1.4 (Build 140610)
- Corrected an issue where the vertical alignment of one-line text displays did not exactly match standard menus.
- Corrected layout problems in some preference panes when resizing the control window.
- Corrected an issue where external disk drives couldn’t be monitored when they didn’t provide proper names or didn’t use unique identifiers if multiple drives of the same model were connected.
- Corrected an issue where changes in the physical connection of external devices were not reflected, e.g. when powering them down or up.
- Ensured full compatibility with the latest operating system versions.
Release 1.3 (Build 130506)
- Added new feature to list Macintosh volume names as comment lines in the menu for monitored disks. This helps users to more easily identify which volumes are located on which disks.
- Added new preference setting to display paging operations as transferred memory sizes, instead of as counters.
- Bar chart displays shown in the menu bar have been slightly redesigned to provide a more elegant look.
- In the list of possible providers for WAN IP address lookups, the service of “The Privacy Ecosystem” has been replaced by the service of Amazon Inc.
- Corrected a problem where the activity indicators of network interfaces did not work correctly when all activity indicators for disk drives had been disabled.
- Corrected a problem where the first digit of numerical displays of temperature readings in centigrades or of total system load may have been suppressed by the menu bar layout when a value of 99 was exceeded.
Release 1.21 (Build 120402)
This is a maintenance update which enhances network monitoring behavior on systems where complex changes regarding network environment or network hardware occur at runtime.
Release 1.2 (Build 120210)
- Added new monitor item to display the main temperature at the first processor and all fan revs.
- Added support for new features of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Added new feature to optionally display the top 5 memory consuming processes with absolute real private memory readings instead of percentage values.
- Added new feature to display the bandwidths of network interfaces as bits instead of bytes.
- Added new feature to optionally suppress decimal places for large numeric displays in the menu bar.
- Added new feature to control the widths of graphs displayed in the menu bar.
- Added new feature to change the order of the different menu bar items.
- Added new feature to take over preference settings from a possibly installed trial version of System Monitor.
- Enhanced the layout of two-line menu bar displays.
- Readings per second are now displayed with a cleaner layout.
- Corrected a problem where peak values for disk throughput and accumulated data transfer readings for network interfaces could be displayed incorrectly under certain circumstances.
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 are no longer supported. The minimum requirement for usage is Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
Release 1.1 (Build 110411)
- The space needed for numerical elements in the menu bar will no longer be optimized on each refresh. This avoids any distracting “width flicker” when the menu bar has been configured for numeric displays.
- Alternative to the display of total CPU load, the individual loads for each single CPU can now also be displayed in the menu bar.
- When displaying network activity, new alternative icons more reflecting the meaning “upload/download” can be selected.
- Two-line displays for numeric data in the menu bar use a larger font size now.
Release 1.0 (Build 110228)
First official version of System Monitor.